Midlands Pharmacy is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant. We are an online hub and are located in a Business Centre.
We are looking to interview as soon as we have some suitable candidates apply so please apply rather than wait if you are interested The post holder will work in a busy pharmacy dispensing hub and assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication. The weekly hours and weekly wage will be reviewed with a view to be increased once the apprentice has settled into the role and is making good progress with their apprenticeship. Please note this is an online pharmacy not a traditional retail pharmacy on the High Street so you will not have face to face contact with the customers although the dispensing role is very similar and you will complete the same apprenticeship. The successful candidate will predominately be based in the hub just outside of Nottingham city centre assisting in the dispensing of medication. If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the pharmacy sector, this role is a fantastic opportunity with great potential.
Main duties include:
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, assist customers over the telephone showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college. Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early. Additional location information Enter Southwold Drive and continue down to the bottom of the street where there is a turning point and the street follows on to the right. At the turning point, look left and you will see a drive in between house numbers 41 and 43. There is a set of green gates which should open. This is the entrance to Courtyard Business Centre and parking is available on site for those that drive.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/03/2021
Possible start date: 02/03/2021
- Good communicator
- Able to work accurately
- Attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
GCSEs grades A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent
- Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 in maths and English, if not exempt
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that makes you a good candidate for this apprenticeship and why you want to work in an online pharmacy hub.
For the purposes of shortlisting, your commute from home to the employers address only, please state whether you drive and have your own car or have access to transport.
Employer informationonline pharmacy hub
Courtyard Business Centre
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Full range of shifts - Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm. There will be the opportunity to increase to 40 hours pw
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).