Thurmaston Pharmacy based in Leicester is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to do as part of the apprenticeship include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work-based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/05/2021
Possible start date: 02/05/2021
- Good communication skills
- Work accurately
- Pay attention to deal
- Logical thinker
- Driving licence is preferred
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2) in maths and English.
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Potential of a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this role and Why do you want to become a Pharmacy Services Assistant
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against your commute from home to the employers address - please state whether you drive and have your own car or will be taking public transport.
Thurmaston Pharmacy has been a Pharmacy serving the village of Thurmaston for over 60 years. The Pharmacy was bought from the Co-op, is well supported by the local village and offers a free repeat prescription collection and delivery service within a five-mile radius of the Pharmacy. We collect and deliver free of charge to Syston, Birstall, Rushymead, Melton Road, Hamilton, Evington, Thurmaston, Humberstone and Scraptoft.
721 Melton Rd
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, between 09:00 and 18:00 (TBC).
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).