Orchard Pharmacy (part of the Firstcare UK Group) in Mansfield are looking for an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant. If you are looking to get into the pharmacy/healthcare sector, this is a great opportunity for you.
Working in the pharmacy, the post holder will be a people person and demonstrate a welcoming and friendly approach when assisting customers; you will also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication.
If you are enthusiastic and willing to succeed in the pharmaceutical sector, this role is perfect for you.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employers address and will not need to attend college, but will be given 20% off the job training to complete thier apprenticeship tasks.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 18/03/2021
Possible start date: 23/03/2021
- Experience of using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear, polite telephone manner
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent).
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/pharmacy-services-assistant-v1-0
- Functional Skills in maths & English up to Level 2 if required
- Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an
- End Point Assessment
- Please refer to above link for more information
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say why you want to do an apprenticeship as a Pharmacy Services Assistant. What personal attributes and/or skills do you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this role?
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against your commute to work. Please state whether or not you drive and have your own vehicle or will be using public transport.
Orchard Pharmacy is a 100 hour Community Pharmacy located next to the Orchard Medical Practice in Mansfield providing Essential, Advanced and Enhanced services to the locality. NHS services are available at the pharmacy such as; Prescription Dispensing, Repeat Prescription Dispensing, disposal of unwanted and out of date medicines, Medicine Use Reviews, New Medicine Service, and Electronic Prescription Service.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm one hour break. You may be asked to work a couple of Saturdays
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).