Day Night Pharmacy based in Clifton, Nottingham are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant. This is a fantastic role for the right candidate.
Day Night Pharmacy is a busy and friendly pharmacy based in Clifton, Nottingham. If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the Pharmaceutical sector this is an opportunity not to be missed. The post holder will be a people person and demonstrate a welcoming and friendly approach when assisting customers on the counter; you will also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in the pharmacy. We may offer an increase on the apprenticeship minimum wage depending on the candidate's performance and progress through the apprenticeship. The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/07/2021
Possible start date: 02/07/2021
- Good communicator
- Interpersonal skills
GCSE's minimum grade D/3 (or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent) maths & English desirable.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills up to Level 2 in maths & English if not exempt
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say why you want to do a Pharmacy Services Apprenticeship. What personal attributes and/or skills do you have that you feel make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship?
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against your commute to work, please state whether or not you drive and have your own vehicle, or will you be using public transport?
Day Night Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy pharmacy based in Clifton, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local Community.
116 Southchurch Drive
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts around the pharmacy opening hours 7am to midnight. Shifts will be discussed with the employer.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).