Medina Chemist based in Netherfield Nottingham is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant. The minimum hours on offer are min 30per week up to a maximum of 40 dependent on candidate individual circumstances and preference.
The post holder will be fully trained during the apprenticeship to work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kind's, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/09/2021
Possible start date: 02/09/2021
- Good communication skills
- Pay attention to detail
A*-D/9-3 GCSE's (or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent) maths &English (desirable).
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal attributes and/or skills you have that you feel make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship. Why do you want to do a Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship?
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against your commute from home to the employers address only - please state whether you drive and have your own car or will be using public transport.
We are a family run full dispensing chemist, dealing with both NHS and private prescriptions. Whether we’re preventing, treating or managing, we pride ourselves on offering a friendly personal service.
89 Victoria Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
employer is flexible around pharmacy opening times. Monday to Sunday 8am to 11pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
£129.00 - £172.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).