Day Night Pharmacy based in Bolsover, Chesterfield, are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. We are open 100 hours per week to serve the community and shifts will be agreed in advance around the opening times.
Day Night Pharmacy is a busy and friendly pharmacy based in Bolsover.
If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical sector, this is an opportunity not to be missed. The post holder will be a people person and demonstrate a welcoming and friendly approach when assisting customers on the counter; you will also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in the pharmacy.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products, providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers, showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning, therefore, you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
** Please be aware that working in a pharmacy is a busy environment. **
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/06/2021
Possible start date: 04/07/2021
- You will need to be a good communicator
- Be able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- They will be a team player and able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm
- GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A*-D/9-3 (or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent) in maths & English
- Level 2 apprenticeship standard - Pharmacy Services Assistant
- Functional Skills up to level 2 in maths and/or English, if not exempt
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship, dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say why you want to do a Pharmacy Services Apprenticeship. Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you have that you feel make you a good candidate for the role.
For shortlisting purposes only, please state whether or not you drive and have your own vehicle or access to own transport for commuting to work on a daily basis.
Day Night Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy pharmacy, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
24 Town End
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed around the pharmacy opening hours Monday - Friday 7am to midnight, Saturday 9am.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).