Clinical Care Pharmacy, based at the Brian Clough Business Centre in Derby, is looking to recruit a hardworking and enthusiastic candidate to give them an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
Pharmacy opening hours are Monday to Saturday 9am to 6pm. Your 37.5 hour shifts will be arranged between these hours
The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy online pharmacy hub. As we are based in a business centre, rather than a traditional retail pharmacy, there is minimum face to face contact with patients.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- Utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- Complete compulsory training as required
- Carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning, therefore, you will be working at the employers address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/06/2021
Possible start date: 04/07/2021
- You will need to be a good communicator
- Be able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- They will be a team player and able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm
- GCSEs at grades A*- D/9-3 (or equivalent or Level 1 Functional Skills) in maths & English
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Pharmacy Services Assistant level 2
- Up to Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Further details on this apprenticeship can be found in this link:
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say why you want to complete a Pharmacy Services Apprenticeship. Also, please state what personal qualities, skills and/or any prior working experience you may have that you feel makes you a suitable candidate for this role.
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against travel time from home to the employers address, please state whether or not you drive and have your own car or will be using public transport.
Clinical Care Pharmacy is a UK registered online pharmacy that offers fast, convenient and professional access to prescription and other health related services.
Brian Clough Business Centre
200-22 Cotton Lane
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, with the occasional Saturday (1 in 4). Shifts TBC. See main vacancy description for more detail.
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).