Amber Pharmacy based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health Science sector.
Re the working pattern shifts will be allocated by the employer around the pharmacy opening hours. Mon - Fri 9am to 5.30pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch break. Every other Saturday am 9am to 12.30pm. However on the week you work a Saturday morning you will only work 9am to 12noon on a Thursday.
You will be fully trained during the duration of your apprenticeship to be able to carry out the following main duties, which include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximise profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employers address.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/01/2022
Possible start date: 06/01/2022
- A good communicator
- Able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
GCSE grade C/4/L2 pass or higher in English, maths & a Science subject. By having the above qualifications they will then give you the eligibility to enrol onto the Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship in the future provided this is an option offered to you.
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 Pharmacy Technician role/apprenticeship, dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work as a Pharmacy Assistant? Please state what personal qualities and or skills/experience you have that makes you a good candidate for the role.
For the purposes of shortlisting your vacancy against your commute from home to the employers address, please state whether or not you have passed your driving test and have your own vehicle or will be taking public transport.
Amber Pharmacy is an NHS community pharmacy located at Main Street in Horsley Woodhouse, DE7 6AX and is based in modern purpose-built premises complete with its own two consultation rooms. At Amber Pharmacy we dispense NHS prescriptions and provide free prescription delivery to Horsley Woodhouse, Kilburn, Horsley, Denby, Denby Village, Smalley, Coxbench, Little Eaton and Holbrook.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts around the pharmacy opening hours. Mon-Fri 9am to 5.30pm. Every other sat 9am-12.30pm.
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).