Prescriptions 4U are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant. We are a rapidly growing online pharmacy located in a Warehouse environment rather than a traditional high street chemist shop.
We are an online/internet pharmacy that operates over the Internet, receiving prescriptions online and dispatching them directly to customers. It is a rapidly growing sector as more and more customers choose to deal with their prescriptions online.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines by telephone
- Complete prescription receipt and collection from doctors surgeries
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising for online marketing
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/02/2022
Possible start date: 01/03/2022
- Good communication
- Work accurately
- Pay attention to deal
- Logical thinker
3 x A*-D/9-3 GCSE's (or Level 1 Functional Skills equivalent) in maths, English & Science. Please note if you are looking to progress onto the Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship in the future you will need to have achieved a Level 2 equivalent in maths, English & 1 Science subject. Unfortunately the Level 2 Pharmacy Apprenticeship doesn't count as a Level 2 in Science.
Opportunity for ongoing employment depending on performance and if a position is available at the end of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work as a Pharmacy Assistant? Please state what personal qualities and or skills/experience you have that makes you a good candidate for the role.
For the purposes of shortlisting your vacancy against your commute from home to the employers address, please state whether or not you have passed your driving test and have your own vehicle or will be taking public transport.
Prescriptions4U is a pharmacy on Calverton drive, Broxtowe business centre, NG8 6QP, Nottingham. We are focused prescription collection and delivery from all over the UK, right to your doorstep, hassle free.
Unit C, Broxtowe Business Park Centre
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed by the employer over their opening hours Monday - Friday 9am to 6pm
(30.00 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Due to a known issue with the National Apprenticeship Service vacancy V1 data API, some wage values displayed on our apprenticeship vacancy listings may differ compared to the Find an Apprenticeship service. When applying for a vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service the correct wage value will be shown on their listings. — Read more about this API issue