Day Night Pharmacy based in Clifton, Nottingham are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant.
Day Night Pharmacy is a busy and friendly pharmacy based in Clifton, Nottingham. If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the Pharmaceutical sector this is an opportunity not to be missed. The post holder will be a people person and demonstrate a welcoming and friendly approach when assisting customers on the counter; you will also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in the pharmacy.
The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer’s address and will not need to attend college, except for initial assessments and information, advice and guidance.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/06/2020
Possible start date: 02/06/2020
- Good communicator
- Work accurately
- Have good attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
GCSE's minimum grade D/3 (or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent) maths & English desirable.
Able to get the employers address in accordance with the working hours.
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full Apprenticeship framework Pharmaceutical Science Level 2:
- Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills Level 2 QCF
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 maths if required
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 English if required
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 dispensing technician role, dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and skills you have that you feel make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship.
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against travel from you home address to the employers site, please state whether you drive and have your own car, or will be taking public transport.
Day Night Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy pharmacy based in Clifton, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local Community.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed around the pharmacy opening hours
Monday to Friday 7am to midnight
Saturday 9am to midnight
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Health Pharmacy Services - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).