Applegate Pharmacy based in Canning Circus, just outside of Nottingham City Centre, is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
During your apprenticeship you will be fully trained to be carry out the following role/responsibilites
The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products, providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/12/2020
Possible start date: 02/12/2020
- You will need to be a good communicator
- Be able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- A*- D (9-3) GCSEs or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent in maths and English
- Able to get the employers address in accordance with the working hours
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full Apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship Standard - Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2:
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 English or maths if required
- Potential for ongoing employment at the end of the apprenticeship depening on performance
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what skills and/or personal qualities you feel you have that will make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship
For the purposes of shortlisting your commute from your home address to the employers, please state whether or not you will be using public transport or drive/have your own car. Please be aware that the nearest parking might be at the Park & Ride Hyson Green
Applegate Pharmacy is a chemist and NHS community pharmacy on Alfreton Road in Radford, Nottingham City NG7 3NS, focused on providing FREE prescription ordering and collection from Radford Health Centre, St Lukes Surgery, Radford Medical Practice, Sunrise Medical Practice, Derby Road Health Centre, Grange Farm Medical Centre, Mayfield Medical Practice, Greenfields Medical Centre, Fairfields Practice, The Forest Practice, Highgreen Medical Practice , Meadows Health Centre, Bridgeway Practice, Deer Park Family Medical Practice, Wollaton Vale Health Centre, Wollaton Park Medical Centre, Beechdale Medical Group - Boulevard Medical Centre, Sherwood Rise Medical Centre, Continence Advisory Service Sherwood Rise Health Centre and NEMS Platform ONE Practice Station Street and Upper Parliament Street Surgery.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed by the employer around the Pharmacy opening hours,
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 6.00pm
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).