Manns Pharmacy is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to work in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Technician. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. They are looking for a candidate that can easily travel between their Mapperley NG3 5QQ and Carlton NG4 4FG branch.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to be able to do during the apprenticeship include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/12/2020
Possible start date: 02/12/2020
- Good communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
3 x A*-C/9-4 GCSEs (or Functional Skills Level 2 equivalent) maths, English & Science (desirable). This is because the employer is considering for the right candidate a transfer to the Level 3 Pharmacy Services Technician Apprenticeship if the college runs another cohort in February/March 2021.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full standard Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship:
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 maths if required
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 English if required
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this position.
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against the travel from your home address to the employers location please state whether or not you have a full driving licence and access to your own car.
Manns Pharmacy is a welcoming pharmacy providing a friendly, helpful and professional service to its community.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed around the following working pattern; Monday - Friday; 9.00 am - 6.00 pm. The hours may be increased at a later date from 30 hours per week.
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).