Plumbsure Plumbing Ltd are offering an opportunity for a keen apprentice to start their career with them as an apprentice Plumber. This would be well suited to an individual who is looking to gain hands-on experience as an apprentice Plumber working for a busy company working on a wide range of projects in a variety of locations.
As an apprentice Plumber and Domestic Heating Technician you would work under supervision help in the installation, service and maintenance of plumbing systems including showers, bathroom suites, sinks, pipework, drains, radiators and heating systems.
Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technicians plan, select, install, service and maintain all aspects of plumbing and heating systems. They can work inside or outside of a client’s property, so customer service skills and being tidy and respectful are important qualities
Throughout this apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to work at a variety of locations as and when new projects arise.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/04/2020
Possible start date: 30/05/2020
- Able to follow clearly given instructions
- Good attention to details
- Will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with other team colleagues, other trades people and occasionally with clients, so good communication skills are an essential as are being professional in outlook and behaviour
Minimum entry requirements: Maths and English Language grades A*-C (9-4) or equivalent qualification.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early*
As with many other roles in the wider construction industry successful plumbers will have to stand and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods in order to carry out their duties and candidates would need to consider this if this is their chosen career.
Some projects require outdoor working can be subject to weather conditions such as heat or wind etc, with excessive rain or snow potentially delaying some projects.
The exact location of future projects are unknown but will involve some aspect of traveling for the team and individuals to get to and from each site / project as and when required.
Level 2 Plumbing apprenticeship Framework if recruited and enrolled in Spring 2020:
- NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
- Functional Skills (If required)
- ERR - Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Be keen to develop their own individual skills and to ensure they are fully engaged with their ongoing career and skills development
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you hold a full UK driving licence?
Plumbsure Plumbing Ltd is a well-respected for providing a flexible quality domestic Plumbing & Heating services to their clients throughout Nottingham and surrounding areas and as part of the next stage of their development they are now looking to recruit a new apprentice.
New Hucknall Waye
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Working Hours: 40 hours a week between 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday - Friday. Holiday: 20 days plus statutory. Pay Rate: £4.15 for first 6 months after 6 months rate will go to £4.50.
(39 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Plumbing - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).