Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Dental Nursing
Wollaton Road Dental Practice based in Wollaton are looking for a friendly and caring Dental Nurse to join their practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse.
If you are professional, confident and you are passionate about pursuing a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
You will be working chairside with the dentist or dental hygienist, gaining all the skills and experience key to becoming a successful Dental Nurse.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist or hygienist in a busy dental practice.
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times.
- To ensure you have good communication at all times.
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times.
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall. perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues.
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices.
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use.
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice.
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/06/2023
Possible start date: 03/07/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English & maths 4 or C or Level 2 pass (Essential)
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre one day every 2 weeks for day release training. which is included in your paid working week.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing please note that this requires an End Point Assessment in the final 3 months by the awarding body.
More details on this apprenticeship in the link below: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/dental-nurse/
Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
Functional Skills maths OR English Level 2 if required.
Potential of ongoing employment as a qualified dental nurse following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Wollaton Road Dental Practice was established in the late 1970’s by Dr Archer C Birch. Dr James Peachey and his wife Mrs Adele Peachey took over this practice in June 1986.
206 WOLLATON ROAD
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Total hours per week: 35
|Expected duration||21 Months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).