Cripps Dental Practice based in the purpose-built Cripps Health Centre in the heart of the main University of Nottingham campus (NG7 2RD) is looking for a friendly and welcoming Dental Nurse to join their busy practice.
Cripps Dental Practice is recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse to join their dental practice based at the University of Nottingham campus. Day release is due to start February 2021, but you will need to have been interviewed, accepted the position and started employment before then in order to start attending college in Nottingham City Centre.
Within this role you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
- Working chairside, with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/02/2021
Possible start date: 02/02/2021
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to ensure patients receives the best possible service
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multi task in an organised manner
- To have an interest in the Medical/Healthcare environment
- Attention to detail
GSCE's grade A*-C/9-4 in English and maths (or Functional Skills Level 2) or equivalent.
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing Diploma Level 3
- Functional Skills maths Level 2 if required
- Functional Skills English Level 2 if required
Upon Successful completion of the programme registration with the General Dental Council will be applicable to all qualified Dental Nurses. Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities or any prior working experience you have that you feel makes you a suitable candidate for this role. Also please state why you would like to become a qualified dental nurse.
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against you commute from your home address to the employers location, please state whether you will be taking public transport or drive and have access to your own vehicle.
Cripps Dental Centre is located in the purpose built Cripps Health Centre in the heart of the main University of Nottingham campus.
University of Nottingham
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday. Full range of shifts between practice opening hours 8.30am - 7.30pm exact shifts TBC
(38 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).