City Dental Practice based in Nottingham city centre are looking for a friendly and welcoming Dental Nurse to join their small but busy practice. The course is due to start 6th May so please apply ASAP if you wish to be considered!
City Dental Practice is recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse. Within this role you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
- Working chairside, with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address.
You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training planned start date 6th May 2021.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 14/05/2021
Possible start date: 21/05/2021
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to ensure patients receive the best possible service
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multitask in an organised manner
- Have an interest in the medical/healthcare environment
- Confident, with a willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
3 GSCEs (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 to include English (or Functional Skills Level 2 equivalent).
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college starting 6th May 2021.
- Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths or English Level 2 if required
Potential of ongoing employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say why you want to do a Dental Nursing Apprenticeship.
What personal attributes and/or skills do you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship?
City Dental Practice is committed to helping our patients achieve and maintain the smile they have always wanted. We do this by spending time getting to know our patients and creating a caring, safe and relaxed environment.
11 Kings Walk
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Working pattern to be agreed around the practice opening hours. Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
(33.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).