Wollaton Road Dental Practice based in Wollaton are looking for a friendly and caring Dental Nurse to join their practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse.
Shifts to be agreed around the practice opening hours Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am - 4.30pm Tuesday 9am to 5pm, Friday 9.00am to 12.30pm, one hour lunch break.
If you are professional, confident and you are passionate about pursuing a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed. You will be working chairside with the dentist or dental hygienist, gaining all the skills and experience key to becoming a successful Dental Nurse.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist or hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training due to commence in September 2021.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 18/07/2021
Possible start date: 01/08/2021
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
GSCE's grade A*-C/9-4 to include English and maths (or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2). Candidates must have at least one of these qualifications and be able to evidence it with either statement of results or the qualification certificate. If both qualifications are not held at this level, then assessments will determine your suitability to be put forward for the apprenticeship provided the required level is reached.
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college starting September 2021.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing please note that this requires an End Point Assessment in the final 3 months by the awarding body.
More details on this apprenticeship in the link below: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/dental-nurse/ Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
Functional Skills maths OR English Level 2 if required.
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state why you want to train to become a Dental Nurse. Please state what personal attributes/skills you have that you feel make you a good candidate for the role.
Please advise if you drive and have access to your own vehicle or will be taking public transport to commute to work. This information is only for shortlisting purposes in considering your commute from home address to the employer's site.
Wollaton Road Dental Practice was established in the late 1970’s by Dr Archer C Birch. Dr James Peachey and his wife Mrs Adele Peachey took over this practice in June 1986.
206 Wollaton Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed around the practice opening hours - see main description for more details
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).