Sneinton Boulevard Dental Practice are looking for a friendly Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their small but busy practice. If you are reliable and looking to start your career as a dental nurse this opportunity is not to be missed.
Within this role as apprentice dental nurse you will gain exposure to multitude of treatments and develop a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental nurse.
If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist/hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 31/08/2021
Possible start date: 05/09/2021
- Effective teamwork and communication using a range of skills
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- An understanding of impact of their work on others
- Ability to adapt to change
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2).
Dental Nurse Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/dental-nurse-v1-1
Functional Skills Level 2 in maths & Engilsh if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
For the purposes of shortlisting your commute from your home address to the employer location, please state if you will be using public transport or have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
Please say why you want to do a dental nursing apprenticeship. What skills and/personal attributes do you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this role?
Sneinton Boulevard Dental Practice is based just outside of Nottingham City Centre with a highly skilled team of professionals who deliver a full range of general and specialist dental treatments for their patients.
20 Sneinton Boulevard
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, full range of shifts between 9.00am - 7.00pm (TBC)
(36 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).