Nottingham College are looking to recruit a candidate to join their IT team. The day to day role will include supporting internal members of staff and students with IT queries and working to resolve these in a timely manner.
We are looking for an apprentice who is confident and personable and in return you will receive training from one of the largest Colleges in the UK.
Please note that whilst the vacancy is advertised under Adams Campus in the Lace Market, Nottingham, there will be travel to the various campuses locally.
Day to day duties that you will be fully trained to do include:
- Address IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new hardware, systems or applications
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate, for example: PCs and mobiles devices, printers, projectors and interactive teaching boards
- Communicate technical and non-technical information in a variety of situations to support effective working with all levels of stakeholders, keeping them informed of progress and managing escalation where appropriate
- Demonstrates a productive and organised approach to their work
- Carry out routine maintenance across network systems, ensuring organisational compliance
- Use a range of cabling or connectors equipment in line with technical requirements
- Install or undertake basic software upgrades, either physically or remotely
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques to undertake fault finding and rectification
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/10/2021
Possible start date: 05/10/2021
- Exceptional communication skills
- Pro-active approach to workload
- A basic understanding of IT and systems
- Able to prioritise
- A*-C/9-4 maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable, but not essential
Information Communications Technician level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/information-communications-technician-v1-0
Functional Skills Level 2 if not exempt.
Please note, as this is an apprenticeship standard, you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Please note you will be expected to attend day release at Nottingham College campus.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please say why you want to do an apprenticeship in ICT.
Have you considered how you will travel to the various campuses Nottingham College has? Will you be using public transport or have a full driving licence or access to your own vehicle?
A large, multi-site College offering both further and higher education courses within Nottingham and the wider East Midlands area.
The Adams Building
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Range of shifts, Monday - Friday (8am - 5pm). Occasional Saturday.
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).