Vantage Pharmacy based near Whitemoor/Aspley, Nottingham are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Technician.
The post holder will to work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy. *This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre once a week for training.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/01/2022
Possible start date: 06/01/2022
- Good communicator
- Able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
3 x A*-C/9-4 GCSE's (or Level 2 pass equivalent) in maths, English & any Science subject. It is the awarding body's requirements that the above qualifications are evidenced as passed, either by way of certificate or on the government database that we have access to in order to proceed to enrolment onto this apprenticeship.
- You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full standard Pharmacy Technician (Integrated) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technician
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Pharmacy Technician? Please state what skills and/or personal qualities you feel you have that will make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship.
For the purposes of shortlisting your commute from your home address to the employers, please state whether or not you will be using public transport or drive/have your own vehicle.
Pharmacy based in Aspley, Nottingham.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday shifts to be agreed around pharmacy opening hours 8.30am to 7.00pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).