St Albans Pharmacy is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to work in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Dispensary Technician.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to carry out include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialized products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre once a week for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/01/2022
Possible start date: 06/01/2022
- Good communication
- Work accurately
- Pay attention to deal
- Logical thinker
3 x A*-C/9-4 GCSE's (or equivalent) in maths, English & Science Level 2 in Pharmacy would be desirable but not essential. Please note that it is the awarding body (Pearsons/Edexcel) requirements to enrol onto this apprenticeship that candidates can evidence they have Level 2 pass in English, maths & a Science subject. For the purposes of enrolment onto the Level 3 the Level 2 Pharmacy doesn't count unfortunately.
- You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full standard Pharmacy Technician (Integrated) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technician
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Pharmacy Technician? Please state what skills and/or personal qualities you feel you have that will make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship.
For the purposes of shortlisting your commute from your home address to the employers, please state whether or not you will be using public transport or drive/have your own vehicle.
Community based pharmacy in Bulwell.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 9.30am until 6.30pm (1 hour unpaid lunch).
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||27 months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).