Oakham Dental Studio based in Leicestershire are looking for a friendly and caring apprentice dental nurse to join their practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse. The employer is looking to interview and appoint ASAP so please apply if you are interested rather than wait!
The rate of pay is advertised as £4.75 initially with incentives for good performance.
Duties that you will be fully trained to do during the apprenticeship within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is always adhered to in the surgery
- To be professional always
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients always feel at ease and comfortable
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required. To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training once day release starts in February 2021.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/11/2020
Possible start date: 02/11/2020
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good teamwork
GSCE’s grade A* to C/grade 9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths or equivalent.
Our requirements are that you are able to evidence that you have at least one of the above GCSE's. If you don't have both then you will complete apprenticeship assessments to determine your currently level of working on the subject you don't have that grade or qualification.
The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
- ERR - Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills maths Level 2 if required
- Functional Skills English Level 2 if required
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this position.
For the purposes of shortlisting your application against your commute from home address to the employers please state whether or not you drive and have your own car or will be taking public transport.
We offer the very best dentistry, cosmetic and orthodontic treatments in our friendly and welcoming dental practice.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts will be agreed over the surgery opening hours as follows:
Mon and Wed 8.30 -17.00 with 1 hr for lunch
Tues and Thurs 8.30 - 17.30 with 1hr for lunch
Fri 8.30 - 13.00
Lunch is usually taken 13.00 -14.00
(35 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Dental Nurse - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).