Wilford Lane Garage Autos have a fantastic opportunity for a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their busy Garage in Westbridgford, Nottingham.
The Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to deliver a high level of performance in Wilford Lane Garage automotive workshop.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at Nottingham College and superb future career prospects.
Working for Wilford Lane Garage, the successful candidate will service, repair and maintain vehicles in this thriving garage.
Duties will include:
- Car repairs
- Working alongside the current staff to repair and service customer vehicles
- Light van repairs - Transit Van repairs
- Trailer repairs and servicing
- Vehicle servicing and maintenance
- Tyres - Radiators - Engines
- Brakes fixing - Gearbox replacing
- Exhausts Repairs
- Starter motors replacing
- Clutch Repairs
- Spark Plug + Oil Changes
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
Training will take place via day release to Nottingham College’s London Road site.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 12/11/2019
Possible start date: 26/11/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSE’s at grade A* to C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address.
Candidates must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours. Candidates must also be willing to travel to Nottingham College’s London Road campus to complete the block release training.
- Nationally recognised qualifications – IMI Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Standard – Level 3)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- Advanced Driving Qualification (subject to satisfactory probation period and the apprentice having a driving licence)
Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
What mode of transport do you use?
Welcome to Wilford Lane Autocentre, part of the RMI (Retail Motor Industry Federation) and Trust My Garage. Our friendly, family business has been serving local motorists since 1960, more than 40 years, and we have the skill and experience to repair every kind of vehicle. For four decades we have been proud to offer an honest, reliable and professional service to the residents and families of West Bridgford, Wilford, Ruddington and the wider Nottingham area. With a complete team of fully trained mechanics, we’re there to ensure your motor vehicle is attended to as rapidly as possible, with an emphasis on quality work and attention to detail.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8:15am - 5:30pm, Saturday 8:00am - 12:00pm, lunch break 1 hour.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).