ABB Furse are offering a fantastic and unique opportunity for an engineering apprentice to join their production team to become a manufacturing operative.
Are you passionate about a career in engineering? Are you willing to learn and determined to succeed? If the answer is "yes" then undertaking an apprenticeship with ABB Furse could be the first step in a great career for you.
The Engineering apprenticeship programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive practical on-the-job training, as well as in college study, while in full-time employment.
As part of this unique and varied role, the successful candidate will:
- Operate machinery and ancillary equipment to produce components that conform to the required specification
- Achieve expected standards in quality, health & safety and housekeeping
- Ensure targets and objectives of the company are met
- Contribute to improvement activities
- Achieve daily production goals
- Other duties may have to be undertaken which will be decided by the company, taking in to account the current level of responsibilities, experience and capabilities
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 24/09/2019
Possible start date: 30/09/2019
- Applicants will need to be flexible in the approach to a multi-skilled role
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a real interest in and passion for engineering through either prior learning or personal activities
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a commitment to working as part of a team and a flexible, positive can do attitude
A minimum of 5 GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent including the following is desirable maths and English.
In additional, candidates will be able to show an interest in practical engineering demonstrated through either practical learning activity or personal hobbies and activities.
Pay may be increased periodically through the achievement of targets and incentive schemes.
The Apprenticeship programme will be over an initial 1 Year period.
- Training to be provided will include: Day release at Nottingham College, Highfields Centre
The FRAMEWORK: Performing Engineering Operations: level 2 will include the following units:
EAL NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 (Machining).
- QPEO2/001 Working safely in an engineering environment
- QPEO2/002 Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- QPEO2/003 Using and communicating technical information
- QPEO2/005 Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- QPEO2/011 Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- QPEO2/12 Preparing and using milling machines
EAL Level 2 Award in Industrial Environment Awareness (Technical Certificate):
- A qualification designed to complement the NVQ2 and to meet the needs of young and adult learners and employers across the whole manufacturing industry
- Completed via a self-study booklet with the guidance of a Training Officer
- Knowledge assessed by online test
Our apprenticeship programme is designed to enable us to recruit to a career path and to a specific end role. Details of available career paths and options will be shared with each apprentice by the company mentor. For applicants with the right attitude the opportunities are real.
Candidates who successfully complete the level 2 apprenticeship could progress onto a level 3 advanced apprenticeship in engineering, and also potentially HNC and HND level courses in the future.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a driving licence?
Do you have access to your own vehicle?
ABB is a pioneering technology leader that works closely with utilities, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers to write the future of industrial digitalization and realise value.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Performing Engineering Operations - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).