As Events Assistant at Nottingham College you will work within the events and school engagement team, book and attend external events to help promote the college and contribute to the organisation and delivery of campus events programme that helps to achieve student recruitment, student engagement and employer engagement objectives.
In this role you’ll work as part of team that plans and attends more than 200 events or engagement activities a year. Whether this be a school parent event, local careers fair, community festival or an event on one of our own campuses, we are a very busy team looking for someone with excellent organisation skills to help us plan, manage and increase our reach through events and school engagement activity.
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintaining an external and internal events calendar
- Organising for event materials to be compiled and delivered to event venues, such as banners, booklets, promotional items etc.
- Developing events plans and rotas, assigning tasks and deadlines to individuals and teams
- Sending prospectuses and other materials to schools and key distribution points within the city
- Maintaining and developing our database of distribution points for key college promotional literature
- Book and manage the colleges attendance at external events such as local festivals, markets and schools events
- Attend large scale events to help promote the college offer, including parent evenings, open days, careers fairs, local festivals and community events, including on some weekends
- Liaise with suppliers including caterers, printers, merchandise producers on current orders and future needs
- Help to set up stalls and event displays
- Plan, implement and collate event surveys and feedback
- Utilise databases and spreadsheets to maintain data relating to event bookings, attendance and future follow up contact
- Administrative duties to support the team
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/10/2022
Possible start date: 07/10/2022
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths, and English (if required)
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
This is a role for somebody who wants to apply administrative skills in a marketing environment, with a passion for events and people.
A large multi-site College offering both further and higher education courses within Nottingham and the wider East Midlands area.
The Adams Building
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm and Friday, 8.30am - 4.00pm (45mins lunch).
Total hours per week: 37.5
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).