RCT Garage Services LTD is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician to join their busy garage in Eastwood. Learning how to carry out duties such as investigation, repair and service of vehicles, producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
The Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to deliver a high level of performance in the modern automotive vehicle workshop. The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment. This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at Nottingham College and superb future career prospects.
Working for RCT Garage Services LTD, the successful candidate will service, repair and maintain vehicles in this thriving garage.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the current staff to repair and servicing customer vehicles.
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Assist with Pre-MOTs
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers Training will take place via block release at Emtec, Ruddington Nottingham.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/08/2021
Possible start date: 15/08/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training.
- 4 GCSE's at grade A* to C (or equivalent) in maths and English.
- Science and ICT are desirable
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- IMI Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Standard Level 3)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required) Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
- Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Light Vehicle Technician?
Do you have a driving license?
With many many years of main dealer experience our master technician provides main dealer quality and 1 to 1 service MOT check West Bridgford 6 days a week " High Pass Rate". Servicing and repairs from Nottinghams Audi,Seat, Skoda & VW Specialist. Car servicing & repairs from trained car mechanics. All makes of cars & vans.With many many years of main dealer experience our master technician provides main dealer quality and 1 to 1 service MOT check West Bridgford 6 days a week " High Pass Rate". Servicing and repairs from Nottinghams Audi,Seat, Skoda & VW Specialist. Car servicing & repairs from trained car mechanics. All makes of cars & vans.
RCT Garage Services LTD,
2a Brookhill Leys Rd
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).