Multi Skilled Apprentice Engineer
A fantastic opportunity to join Reckitt to become proficient in Mechanical, Electrical & Control Systems offering a varied engineering background in a manufacturing environment. The team includes Manufacturing Technicians based predominantly on our packaging lines & specialist support Technicians covering Manufacturing to Packing & Site Services.
Reckitt have a fantastic opportunity for 3 enthusiastic candidates to join the Nottingham site for a 42 month multi-skilled apprenticeship programme. During this time, you will become proficient in Mechanical, Electrical & Control Systems giving you a varied engineering background in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
The Engineering team includes Manufacturing Technicians who are line-based Engineers predominantly on our automated Nurofen & Strepsils packaging lines and specialist support Technicians covering Manufacturing to Packing & Site Services.
You will be given a structured training pack which you will work through during your apprenticeship, and you will be given work placements to gain the skillset required to come out of your time a well-rounded engineer.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Developing a safety and quality mindset first and foremost developed by working closely with all functions
- Prioritising Engineering Tasks
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment and systems
Additional training will be provided outside of the apprenticeship programme to include:
All the relevant Safety & Quality Training to operate successfully in a Pharmaceutical Environment,
- Role specific basic and advanced electric training
- Continuous Improvement (CI & Six Sigma) and other softer skills, i.e. Presentation Skills
- Impact and Influence etc other systems associated with pharmaceutical manufacturing
What will apprentices study?
Core Knowledge: A Technician will understand:
- First principles relating to the operation and maintenance of appropriate plant and equipment
- Relevant industry health and safety standards, regulations, and environmental and regulatory requirements
- Maintenance and operational practices, processes and procedures covering a range of plant and equipment
- The relevant engineering theories and principles relative to their occupation
Core Skills: A Technician will apply their knowledge of plant and systems to safely perform maintenance and operational activities with minimum supervision.
This will require them to:
- Comply with industry health, safety and environmental working practices and regulations
- Locate, and rectify faults on plant and equipment
- Communicate with and provide information to stakeholders in line with personal role and responsibilities
- Read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation
- Prepare work areas to undertake work related activities and reinstate those areas after the completion of the work related activities
- Inspect and maintain appropriate plant and equipment to meet operational requirements
- Assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment
- Communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/06/2023
Possible start date: 02/06/2023
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Administrative skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English 4/C or above (Essential)
- GCSE or equivalent Maths 4/C or above (Essential)
- GCSE or equivalent Science 4/C or above (Essential)
Level 3 Engineering Maintenance Operations Technician
Training will be delivered one day per week, term time, and is based at The Highfield site and facilities are in creation to enrich the student experience, developing them with the necessary skills using industry recognised equipment to ensure the apprentice receives training closely matched to the employer’s and industry.
A permanent role may be offered at the end of and successful completion of the Apprenticeship Programme.
Roles could include: -
· Manufacturing Technician
· Shift Technician
· Asset Care Technician
· C&I Technician
· Site Services Technician
Our apprenticeship programme is designed to enable us to recruit to a career path and to a specific end role. Details of career paths and options will be shared with each apprentice by the company mentor. For applicants with the right attitude the opportunities are real.
The Reckitt purpose is to protect, heal and nurture in in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner, healthier world.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
37.5 day working week (Shifts to be decided for successful candidates)
25 days plus bank holidays
Total hours per week: 37.5
|Expected duration||42 Months|
|Related course||Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).