Serendipitys based in Grantham, is looking to recruit a keen and enthusiastic nursery assistant who is able to help within the nursery. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to get into the childcare industry. We will accept candidates who want to do a level 3 Early Years Apprenticeship as well.
If you are a friendly kind of person that aspires to work within the childcare industry, then look no further. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Helping out with activities with the children
- Personal Care of the children
- Setting up activities and clearing them away
- Ensuring that the nursery is kept clean and tidy
- Helping out at mealtimes
- Greeting parents and children
- Ensuring any relevant paperwork is completed
- Changing nappies and feeding
- Work with children in the nursery, individually and in groups to assist and improve their development
- Attend training sessions and meetings relevant to the post.
- Other general duties as and when required
- Can earn a salary whilst gaining a qualification
- Receive paid holidays and bank holidays
- Free on-going training
- Able to gain additional qualifications
- A mentor and/or assessor throughout your training
- Will attend team meetings and have the opportunity to input ideas
Due to the nature of this role the successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 23/12/2022
Possible start date: 05/01/2023
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-D/ 9-3 (Essential)
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification
- Functional Skills Levell up to Level 2 in maths & English (if not exempt)
- This apprenticeship is work based therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Serendipitys are a well-established nursery chain with over 22 years’ experience where we promise to care about each child with the same love and support, they receive at home.
18 North Parade
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed with the employer around the nursery opening hours Monday - Friday 7.15am - 6.30pm.
Total hours per week: 30
|Expected duration||15 Months|
|Related course||Early Years Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).