Serendipity’s Day Nursery is looking to recruit a keen and enthusiastic nursery assistant who is able to help within the nursery. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to start their career within the childcare industry.
If you are a friendly kind of person that aspires to work within the childcare industry then look no further. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Helping out with activities with the children
- Personal care of the children
- Setting up activities and clearing them away
- Ensuring that the nursery is kept clean and tidy
- Helping out at meal times
- Greeting parents and children
- Ensuring any relevant paperwork is completed
- Changing nappies and feeding
- Work with children in the nursery, individually and in groups to assist and improve their development
- Attend training sessions and meetings relevant to the post
- Other general duties as and when required
This apprenticeship is work based therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/11/2020
Possible start date: 14/12/2020
- Good communication skills - verbally and written
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent) desirable.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
*Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.*
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths & English (if required)
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto the level 3 apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you drive?
In 1998 the first Serendipitys Day Nursery and Pre-School opened it’s doors in Bingham, Nottingham, with the ethos of providing the highest quality affordable childcare in a home from home environment.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm (4 days a week, TBC)
(38 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Early Years Practitioner - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).