Higson & Co are looking to recruit a hardworking and dedicated administrator to join their team.
Day to day duties will include:
- Answering the telephone and greeting clients to the office
- Copy typing, audio typing, printing, and preparing documents for posting
- Opening post, sorting, and distributing to staff.
- Communicating via email with staff and clients
- Complete a project toward the apprenticeship
- Produce accurate records and documents
- Use of Microsoft office packages such as Word, Excel.
- Maintain records and files
- Understand and use internal policies
- Basic understanding of business finance
- General administrative support for other members of the firm as required and particularly for the partners
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 23/10/2021
Possible start date: 24/10/2021
- Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Very strong eye for detail and accuracy.
- Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner.
A*-C/9-4 Maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
Business Administrator Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0 Functional Skills level 1 / 2 Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for this company?
How will you get to work on a daily basis?
Established in 1936 we are small friendly firm of chartered accountants based in Nottingham city centre.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Thursday 9am -5.30pm 1 hour for lunch Friday 9am - 4.30pm 50 minutes for lunch
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).