Martin Dewis and Daughter are a company who are looking to recruit two new apprentices to join their successful company. The work will be carried out locally within the East Midlands in a variety of settings and locations, offering an interesting & rewarding career in an industry where quality services are valued and always in demand.
When working on domestic properties, you would use paint, varnishes, wallpaper and other coverings to decorate rooms. You would follow the client’s instructions about choice of colour, finishing texture and wallpaper patterns, supporting and advising as necessary.
For other projects, such as industrial properties, you would remove old paintwork with approved methods before applying new coatings using industrial paint. You might need to use a cradle or safety harness when working.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Learning all aspects of painting and decorating whilst on site
- Be totally committed to customer satisfaction through the quality of the end result
- Use of different materials and tools and gradually using more throughout progress of apprenticeship
- Assisting the painters and site with tasks and keeping work area tidy
- Learning the different tools/techniques used in a safe manner
- Making sure you are working in a safe environment and not a risk to yourself, colleagues or members of the public
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 24/02/2020
Possible start date: 20/03/2020
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under pressure and to agreed deadlines and able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks at the same time
- Will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with team colleagues, clients and suppliers plus other trades people, so excellent communication skills are essential
- Attention to detail, always aiming for quality outcomes and finishes
Minimum entry requirements:
- Maths and English Language grades A*-D/9-3 and above (or equivalent qualification)
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note, if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Apprenticeship - Painting and Decorating Level 2 Standard.
Company induction on starting and ongoing health & safety briefing relevant to the role and equipment used within the role.
Be keen to develop their individual skills and be engaged with their ongoing career and skills development.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a CSCS card?
Do you drive?
Martin Dewis & Daughter Ltd is a friendly local business with a high-quality reputation gained through offering their customers a service that not only meets but also aims to exceed their expectations. The emphasis is on providing customers with a highly customer-focused service, offering quality and value for money via many years of experience gained on working on a variety of similar projects and locations.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
08:00 - 16:30 with some flexibility depending on project and location. Days TBC.
(39 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Painter and Decorator - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).