Hammersley Decorators are looking to recruit a new apprentice to join their successful painting and decorating team. The work will be carried out locally within East Midlands region in a variety of settings and locations providing decorating services to new residential house developments, offering quality services that are valued & always in demand
Working on new build domestic properties developments, where you would use paint, wallpaper and other coverings to decorate rooms. You would follow the client’s instructions about choice of colour, finishing texture and wallpaper patterns, supporting and advising as necessary.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Learning all aspects of painting and decorating whilst on site
- Be totally committed to customer satisfaction through the quality of the end result
- Use of different materials and tools and gradually using more throughout progress of apprenticeship
- Assisting the painters and site with tasks and keeping work area tidy
- Learning the different tools/techniques used in a safe manner
- Making sure, you are working in a safe environment and not a risk to yourself, colleagues or members of the public
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 29/02/2020
Possible start date: 20/03/2020
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under pressure and to agreed deadlines and able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks at the same time
- Able to follow clearly given instructions and demonstrate good attention to detail
- Will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with team colleagues, clients and suppliers plus other trades people so excellent communication skills are an essential
- Attention to detail always aiming for a quality outcomes and finishes
English Language GCSE grades A*-D/9-3 and above (or equivalent qualification).
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
- Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- Site Employees - 10
- Be keen to develop their individual skills and be engaged with their ongoing career and skills development
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have a full UK driving licence?
Hammersley Decorators Ltd are a well-established business with a good reputation for high quality workmanship all provided in a friendly and cost-effective way. The focus of the business is working with longstanding partners to provide professional decorating services on new build residential developments all delivered to achieve a high-quality professional outcome with an ultimate aim of exceeding the client’s expectations and further enhancing the company’s existing reputation.
C/O Jrb Accountancy Ltd
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
08.00 - 16:30 four days per week + day release for college training between Monday - Friday, with some flexibility depending on project and location
(39 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Painter and Decorator - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).