As part of their planned development JN Smith Decorators have a vacancy for an apprentice to work with them gaining valuable experience working on a wide range of residential and commercial projects across the region.
Working on both domestic and commercial properties where the successful applicant will work on Painting and Decorating projects in keeping with the best industry standards and each individual client’s requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Learning all aspects of painting and decorating whilst working on domestic projects
- Be totally committed to achieving a high level of customer satisfaction through the quality of the end result
- Increasing your Skills and knowledge of different materials, tools and techniques throughout duration of the apprenticeship and ensuring their use in a safe and professional manner as part of a safe working environment to ensure you are not a risk to yourself, colleagues or members of the public
- Assisting colleagues to ensure timely and quality outcomes
- Ensuring at all times that the project is carried out and maintained with the utmost care, tidiness and housekeeping and with the ultimate respect for the client’s property and project vision
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 23/09/2019
Possible start date: 02/10/2019
- Working safely with consideration for themselves, colleagues and members of the public
- Interpreting information
- Planning and organising work
- Setting out/marking out
- Tool skills
- Producing work to meet agreed specifications
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grades A-D*/8-3 and above (or equivalent qualification).
Intermediate Painter and Decorator standard.
Apprenticeship as agreed. In company induction on starting and ongoing health & safety briefing relevant to the role and equipment used within role.
Level 2 Apprenticeship standard for Painter & Decorator Painting & Decorating delivered over a 30-month period.
Potential opportunity for a full time role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this sector?
Do you have a driving licence?
J N-Smith Decorators provides a wide range of professional decorating services to their loyal commercial and domestic clients. Recent projects have included residential properties and high profile retail showrooms plus other commercial premises. Through their professionalism and customer focus J N Smith are growing a strong reputation for affordable quality and a professional and flexible client friendly approach to the timely completion of projects.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
8:00am - 16:30pm with some flexibility depending on project and location
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Painter and Decorator - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).