Marquis Durham are looking for a hardworking and ambitious candidate to join their successful, expanding organisation as a Parts Apprentice.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Duties will include:
- Ordering parts using on-line systems
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Fulfilling internet and telephone orders
- Stock control and stock checking
- Working to a high level of customer service
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/09/2019
Possible start date: 09/09/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSE's at grade A* to D/9 to 3 (or equivalent) including maths and English Language.
Candidate must be available to start as soon as possible. Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
- Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence IMI accreditation - Parts Advisor
- Regular in-dealer visits from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- The Programme for the Parts Apprentice incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges
- Off the job training in college will be via 4 separate block weeks of training in Nottingham throughout the course of the programme
- Functional skills in English, maths and ICT (if applicable)
On successful completion of the level 2 apprenticeships and satisfactory review with the employer. The candidate will progress onto a level 3 qualification.
The North East and Scotland received a massive boost when the Marquis Durham motorhome and caravan dealership opened in August 2012. The Durham caravans and motorhomes depot based in Chester Le Street offers an excellent range of both new and used caravans and motorhomes for sale alongside the usual supporting facilities such as servicing, storage and a huge range of parts and accessories for almost every requirement.
Chester le street
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||13 months|
|Related course||Vehicle Parts - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£156.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|