Applegate Pharmacy are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health science sector. You will assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines and liaise with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach.
You will be fully trained during the duration of your apprenticeship to be able to carry out the following main duties, which include:
- Assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products, providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/02/2023
Possible start date: 01/03/2023
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-D/ 9-3 (Essential)
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support
- Functional Skills up to level 2 in English & maths if not exempt
- Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Please refer to above link for more information
This apprenticeship is work-based learning therefore you will be working at the employers address - there is no attendance at college.
Potential of ongoing employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship - if there is a position available at that time.
Applegate Pharmacy is a chemist and NHS community pharmacy on Alfreton Road in Radford, Nottingham City NG7 3NS. Our pharmacy is focused on providing free prescription ordering and collection from local healthcare centres.
132 ALFRETON ROAD
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be agreed around pharmacy opening hours Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 6.00pm.
Total hours per week: 30
|Expected duration||15 Months|
|Related course||Pharmacy Services Assistant - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).