Silverdale Pharmacy based in Wilford, Nottingham, is looking to employ a hard-working and enthusiastic person as a Dispensary Counter Assistant. The ideal candidate must be customer focused and prepared to work within a small pharmacy team on a small residential estate.
Main duties that you will be trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Managing stock levels, date checking, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Rotating stock and re-merchandising based on seasonal sales
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of cash and credit/debit cards
- Cashing up at the end of day
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- Work within the dispensary assisting the pharmacist to dispense prescriptions
- Handing out prescriptions under pharmacist supervision
- Taking phone calls from patients, customers and suppliers
- Assist with local deliveries and prescription requests
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
- Flexible working hours to suit the business
- On-site parking
- Education reimbursement
This apprenticeship is work-based learning therefore you will be working at the employer’s address and will not need to attend college, except for initial assessments.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/03/2020
Possible start date: 02/03/2020
- Good communication skills
- Work accurately
3 GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English are desirable.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work-based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full apprenticeship:
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science
- Level 2 Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills QCF
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Potential for permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal attributes and/or skills you feel you have that make you a good candidate for this apprenticeship.
For the purposes of shortlisting against your commute from your home address to the employers, please state whether or not you drive and have your own car.
We are an independent NHS Community Pharmacy serving the people of Wilford. We provide a full range of NHS and Private pharmacy services including one off and repeat prescriptions, private prescriptions and more.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 18:00, with a 1-hour lunch break to be taken offsite.
(36 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Health Pharmacy Services - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).