Pinxton Pharmacy based in North Nottinghamshire are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health science sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer’s address and will not need to attend college, except for initial assessments and if you are required to do Functional Skills in maths & English which is delivered at college here in Nottingham City Centre.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 16/12/2019
Possible start date: 18/12/2019
- A good communicator
- Able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- 3 x A*-D GCSE's (or equivalent functional skills) maths, English & Science - desired
- If you do not hold GCSE grade A*-C/grade 9-4 or above or functionl skills level 2, you will be required to attend college in Nottingham city centre to study maths & English up to level 2
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and for Functional Skills if required.
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full framework.
- BTEC Pharmaceutical Science Level 2
- Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills Level 2 QCF
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 maths if required
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 English if required
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 dispensing technician role, dependent upon the performance.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and or skills/experience you have that makes you a good candidate for the role.
Pinxton Pharmacy is a welcoming pharmacy based in Pinxton, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday to Friday, full range of shifts from 8.30am to 5.30pm/6.30pm and some Saturdays. Exact shifts TBC.
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Health Pharmacy Services - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).