Newhall Pharmacy, based in Newhall, Swadlincote, South Derbyshire, is offering an enthusiastic and friendly candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant.
The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their small but busy pharmacy.
Main duties that you will be trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products, providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning, therefore you will be working at the employer’s address and will not need to attend college.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 01/05/2020
Possible start date: 02/05/2020
- Good communication skills
- Maths & English GCSEs, minimum grade 3 or D (or equivalent or Functional Skills Level 1)
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation. *
* Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early. *
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
Provided you meet the stated minimum criteria in English & maths, you can have a telephone interview before sending your application over to the employer for consideration for interview.
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full apprenticeship framework:
- BTEC Pharmaceutical Science Level 2
- Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills Level 2 QCF
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 maths, if required
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 English, if required
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Please state what personal qualities and/or skills you feel you have that makes you a good candidate for this apprenticeship.
For the purposes of shortlisting, your commute from home to the employers address only, please state whether you drive and have your own car or have access to transport.
Newhall Pharmacy is a well skilled pharmacy with staff that are friendly and willing to help. The pharmacy is based in the village of Newhall, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other services to the local community.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be arranged around the below opening hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am - 6.30pm, Saturday 9am – 1pm.
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Health Pharmacy Services - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).