Riverside Pharmacy based in Bulwell, Nottingham is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant. Shifts to be agreed, but will be lates as they are less busy then so either 12noon to 8pm; 1pm to 9pm or 2pm to 10pm
The post holder will to work with customers on the counter and also assist the Pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy and community focused pharmacy.
Main duties that you will be trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college, except for initial assessments.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/09/2019
Possible start date: 03/09/2019
- A good communicator
- Able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
GCSE's in maths or English grade D or 3 or higher (or equivalent functional skills Level 1) in maths, English (desirable).
Those candidates without these grades will need to sit maths & English assessments to determine their eligibility.
Able to get the employers address in accordance with the working hours.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy will be withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full framework:
- BTEC Pharmaceutical Science Level 2
- Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills Level 2 QCF
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 in maths and English if not exempt
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 dispensing technician role, dependent upon the performance.
Riverside Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy pharmacy based in Bulwell, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday to Friday either; 12pm - 8pm
1pm to 9pm
2pm to 10pm This is because the pharmacy is quieter from midday onwards
so the apprentice will be able to learn the role in a less busy environment.
(35 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Health Pharmacy Services - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£147.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|