Manns Pharmacy is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to work in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Technician.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving, and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialized products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing, and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques, and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week for training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 29/07/2020
Possible start date: 05/08/2020
- Good communication
- Work accurately
- Pay attention to deal
- Logical thinker
- Driving license is preferred but not essential
3 x A*-C 9-4 GCSE's (or equivalent) maths, English & Science (Desirable)
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early *
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment, and a few other rare occasions.
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full standard Pharmacy Technician (Integrated) Level 3
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Level 2 maths if required
- Functional Skills Level 2 English if required
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you easily access this position?
Do you have a full UK driver's license and a car?
Manns Pharmacy is a welcoming pharmacy providing a friendly, helpful, and professional service to its community.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon – Fri 9.00am – 6.00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Health Pharmacy Services - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).