Rykneld Homes is offering an opportunity to provide support on a range of Plastering duties in Void properties and when required, work in tenanted homes. Level 2 Plasterer Standard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support a range of Plastering and associated works
- To support additional general maintenance works such as, rendering, tiling, basic joinery, basic plumbing, decorating and damp work
- To work towards completing all works in compliance with RHL standards, operational procedures and times scales set by RHL management team
- To fully understand and comply with Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments
- To work towards the ability to undertake dynamic risk assessments when attending ad-hoc work
- To work towards working alone in void or occupied properties
- On occasion working in tenanted properties ensuring excellent customer care is provided
- To occasionally work at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or steps
- To be fully competent in the use of technology required to complete works including scheduling software, accessing systems for information relating to warning markers or asbestos data and recording information for completed works
- Carry out all duties with awareness and regard to health and safety legislation and policy
- To apply RHL's customer services standards and demonstrate high standards of customer care at all times
- To be aware of and adhere to RHL's policies on Equality and Diversity at all times
- To adhere to the requirements of the GDPR in respect of confidentiality and disclosure of data
- To adhere to RHL's Code of Conduct
- Have a full driving licence, be insurable on a company vehicle and comply with RHL vehicle maintenance and repairs procedures (Involves travel to different properties.)
- You will be expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to the job and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the job and level of responsibility
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 29/01/2021
Possible start date: 08/02/2021
- Able to demonstrate awareness of issues associated with personal risk assessment
- Health and safety conditions on site and working experience of similar skills
Minimum entry requirements: GCSE or equivalent in maths, English Language and ICT grades A-D* 9/3.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship there is the potential to stay with the business in a full-time position.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why are you interested in working in this Industry?
Do you have a full driver’s licence and access to your own vehicle?
Rykneld Homes is responsible for the management, maintenance and improvement of almost 8,000 properties and the neighbourhoods in which they are located on behalf of North East Derbyshire District Council.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday Shifts TBA
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Plasterer - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).