Production Chef Apprentice
We are looking for an apprentice chef to join our lively and friendly team. You will be working with quality ingredients. By the end of your apprenticeship you will have a full understanding of health and safety procedures, improved your basic culinary skills and feel confident to work without supervision.
- To prepare dishes according to orders coming into the kitchen.
- To assist with food preparation, identify where there may be gaps in prepared ingredients and address this where appropriate.
- Help customers enjoy the Caffe Velo Verde experience by assisting them with their orders and the services we offer.
- To wash up used crockery, cutlery and kitchen equipment, dry these items and put them away correctly.
- Maintain food and drink storage and preparation areas to Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure all areas of the premises are kept clean and tidy.
- To assist any new and existing staff to carry out their roles.
- To carry out daily temperature checks and stock checks and sign off deliveries as directed.
- To partake in food safety, allergen awareness and other relevant training as required by the company to maintain and develop your skills and ability to carry out your role effectively.
- Apply good interpersonal skills in relations with staff, suppliers and customers.
- Ensure safety and security of staff and customers at all times.
- Report any incidents and accidents in full to the Business Owner immediately.
- To carry out any other duties that are in keeping with your role as directed by the business owner.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 19/06/2023
Possible start date: 26/06/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-D/ 9-3 (Essential)
- Production Chef Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
- Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Functional Skills level 1 / 2, if required.
This apprenticeship will take place at the employers address. Students will receive 20% off the job training to spend time on gathering evidence and completing their apprenticeship qualification.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship. This may include increased duties, salary and new qualifications.
Caffe Velo Verde is a place with a difference. Based on an Eco Farm in Screveton, Nottinghamshire, on the edge of the Vale of Belvoir, Café Velo Verde is primarily a cycling café. We have created a place that has the atmosphere and community of a sports social club but with the warm welcome of a good local pub. Enjoyed by many cyclists, joggers, rowers and triathletes, Caffe Velo Verde is also a vital part of the local community. Customers feel equally at home whether they arrive on their own or with a group, in lycra or in rest day attire. With the majority of customers sharing a common interest there’s always someone around they can chat to and someone new to meet.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Wednesday – Sunday: 9am – 4pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Total hours per week: 35
|Expected duration||15 Months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).