Bluecoat Beechdale Academy is a growing school, with over 800 students on roll. The numbers have increased each year since our sponsorship began and we are delighted with the growing confidence that local families are expressing by making Beechdale their first-choice school in increasing numbers.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist the chef in daily hot and cold food preparation
- Help with service of Trust meals and deliver hospitality meals as requested
- Operate tills during service time
- Maintain a good standard of health and safety procedures
- Maintain a good standard of food hygiene procedures
- Control queues to dining areas
- Assist as required to relieve any bottle neck issues at the tills Supervise return of crockery and cutlery
- Ensure pupils leave tables and dining area clean and tidy
- See that any spillages are removed quickly
- To wipe trays as necessary
- Liaise with other kitchen staff to ensure that other food outlets are adequately stocked for sales e.g. VI Form, staffroom, vending machines, etc.
- Transport food and hospitality between the main kitchen and other food outlets/meeting areas
- Set up and collect hospitality to/from designated locations as required
- Help any kitchen staff as required
- Cleaning of kitchen equipment and premises
- Preparation of dining hall and other food outlets, including the setting up and movement of furniture wiping tables, sweeping/cleaning floors and setting up counters
- Washing up of dishes, pans and equipment
- Operate tills and undertake cash handling duties including emptying cash machines as requested e.g. revaluers, vending machines, etc.
- Preparing for special functions when required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 10/02/2021
Possible start date: 24/02/2021
- Good communication skills
- Team working skills
- 9-3 or A*- D GCSE in maths & English (or equivalent)
Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 if required
- Training will be day release one day a week (Tuesday) to Adams Cookery School moving to our new City Hub from January 2021
- Potential of a permanent role at the end of the Apprenticeship
Bluecoat Wollaton Academy has over 800 learners aged 11-16 and is both distinctively Christian and inclusive with a relentless ambition to enable every member of our Academy ‘family’ to be the best they can be. Bluecoat Wollaton was graded as ‘Outstanding’ in all categories in its recent Ofsted inspection in 2018 and has a strong pastoral and academic reputation across the city. It is also pioneering some new approaches to curriculum and the celebration of knowledge at the heart of that. The school’s outcomes place it in the top 10% in the country and visitors frequently comment on how the children are polite and keen to learn.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, times to be confirmed
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).