Suda Delicatessen and World Kitchen are a stylish and independent bistro looking to recruit a hardworking individual to join their kitchen team. You will become a pivotal part of the team and will be trained and mentored to achieve the level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard.
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications
- Produce dishes to suit individuals' specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/09/2021
Possible start date: 01/10/2021
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Production Chef Level 2 Standard.
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 is required)
- Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 18-month duration
- Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a production chef?
Do you have a full UK driving licence and access to your own car?
SUDA Delicatessen & World Kitchen is a deli and tapas bar located on Bramcote Lane in Wollaton, Nottingham. From its early days as a health shop (previously known as the Natural Food Company) the business has transformed over the years to become a delicatessen and coffee shop. Recently, the business had undergone substantial renovations and expanded its food offering to its customers including an evening service and an alcohol licence.
151-153 Bramcote Lane
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Range of shifts between 8.30am - 11.00pm Monday - Sunday (TBC)
(30 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).