Nottingham High School are offering an opportunity for a candidate to join their Catering team. You will become a pivotal part of the team supporting with the day to day catering and also supporting the team with event catering. Whilst working you will be completing the Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship.
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications
- Produce dishes to suit individuals' specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 29/11/2021
Possible start date: 02/12/2021
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Production Chef level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 is required).
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a production chef?
Do you have a full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle?
Nottingham High School is rich in tradition and has been educating children for more than 500 years. Most important, it is a community and the people who work here believe that they can make a difference to the support services at school. If you would like to join a dynamic and inclusive catering team, where we enable all of our staff to be the best that they can be, then we would love to hear from you. Our Catering team provide a wide range of dishes for children aged 4 - 18 plus all staff and also offer great hospitality services and event catering for large functions.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 7 am - 3 pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||15 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).