The Daffodil Tea Room are looking to recruit a hardworking and passionate apprentice chef to join their kitchen team. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- dapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications
- Produce dishes to suit individuals specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required
- Able to work alongside the head chef, and share in our recipes
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 14/10/2021
Possible start date: 19/10/2021
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- A*-D (9-3) maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0 Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 2 is required ) 18 month duration
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Are you flexible to work a variety of shifts?
Do you have a full UK driving license and access to your own vehicle?
We are a family run business that opened September 2020, and we are going from strength to strength.
The Daffodil Tea Room
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Sunday, shifts to be confirmed
(35 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Production Chef - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).