Morley Property Maintenance have a vacancy for an apprentice Property Maintenance Operative to join their successful and growing team.
You will be trained to understand how to carry out effective repairs and organise routine maintenance involving a variety of construction trade skills including:
- Electrical and decorative finishes
You will use a range of hand tools and traditional hand-skills such as:
- Fitting and finishing
You will commence with hand tools but following training will use a wide range of power tools which you will be responsible for their safe use, their daily clearing routines and where appropriate their safe storage.
Typical work will involve:
- Carrying out repairs to the fabric of a building, with repairs to walls, doors and door frames or plaster surfaces and providing a suitable finish once the repair is completed
- You will also work on plumbing and drainage systems, be trained to understand electrical systems such as replacing damaged sockets, lighting or fuses
- Housekeeping and on the job cleanliness are essential to ensure that high standards and the good reputation of the company is maintained
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/10/2019
Possible start date: 15/11/2019
- Good attention to details
- Able to follow clearly given instructions
- Well-presented and professional in outlook and behaviour
- Will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with team colleagues, and occasionally with other trades people so good communication skills are an essential
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grades A-D*/8-3 and above (or equivalent qualification).
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship Standard as agreed. An in-company induction on starting and ongoing health & safety training relevant to the role and equipment needed.
- Be keen to develop their own individual skills and to ensure they are fully engaged with their ongoing career and skills development
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Morley Property Maintenance provide property maintenance and other building and property services to wide range of clients across Nottinghamshire they pride themselves on the quality of their workmanship and their strong reputation for customer service and client satisfaction. They have an expanding and loyal client base and this apprenticeship vacancy is to help support their growth plans.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
7:30am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Property Maintenance Operative - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).