Fletchers Restaurant has now opened inside Nottingham Collegeâ€™s fantastic state of the art City Hub based in Nottingham City Centre. We are now looking to recruit a Senior Production Chef. This role is all about culinary skills but requires the learner to be confident to complete kitchen management tasks alongside.
Fletchers Restaurant has now opened inside Nottingham College's fantastic state of the art City Hub based in Nottingham City Centre.
Day to day duties will include:
- Support the Head Chef and delegate tasks to students and kitchen staff
- Supervise the production of high quality dishes
- Complete, monitor and maintain food safety management systems (which include delivery, storage, cooking and service) and work equipment
- Monitor service to improve efficiency and productivity
- Lead team meetings and training
- Cook dishes to a high standard
- Ensuring nutritional / allergen needs are met
- Be diligent in ensuring safe and hygienic practises are followed
- Show passion and enthusiasm
- Risk assess situations, identifying and isolating matters of concern, by establishing the cause and intervening accordingly to minimise risk to people and organisation
- Effectively control resource allocation, minimise wastage and use sustainable working practices
- Communicate knowledge to the team and support own and individuals' development
- Monitor and ensure the effective implementation of food safety management systems
- Ensure deliveries are checked and stored correctly
- Any other duties necessary
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/01/2022
Possible start date: 01/02/2022
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
A*-D (9-3) maths and English or equivalent at GCSE or equivalents.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Production Chef Level 3
Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 2 is required )
Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 15 month duration.
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have catering experience or qualifications?
Are you happy to work variety of shifts?
The new Nottingham College City Hub represents a £58m investment in education for the city. It offers new facilities and resources for college students and provide community facilities such as a new training restaurant, café and performing arts centre. The City Hub is a landmark building for Nottingham, occupying disused brownfield land next to the Broadmarsh Centre and tram overpass at the foot of Lace Market Cliff."
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Shifts to be confirmed.
(35.00 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Senior Production Chef - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Due to a known issue with the National Apprenticeship Service vacancy V1 data API, some wage values displayed on our apprenticeship vacancy listings may differ compared to the Find an Apprenticeship service. When applying for a vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service the correct wage value will be shown on their listings. — Read more about this API issue