Carlton Academy are looking to recruit a responsible and passionate individual to join their sport department. The main role of the apprentice will be to support the PE Teaching team to develop and deliver enriching PE sessions in line with current curriculum.
Day to day duties will include:
- Design and deliver coaching programmes suitable for students
- Comply with current legislation
- Utilise and collaborate with internal team members to support with best practice
- Provide support to students
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of education standards, trends, frameworks, paradigms and contemporary influences.
- Ensure the design and delivery of high-quality, inclusive curricular and extracurricular lessons that meet school standards
- Delivers safe, inclusive and effective sessions
- Evaluate sessions to monitor engagement, enrichment and whole child/person development
- Monitor students development
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 21/08/2021
Possible start date: 27/08/2021
- Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner
- 9/4 - A*-C maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note that if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address
- Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Sports Coach Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills level 1 / 2
- Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have any sport qualifications currently? If so, please describe
Do you have a full UK driving license and access to your own car?
The Carlton Academy is a 'good school', OFSTED 2017, and is sponsored by the Redhill Academy Trust. They believe that their Academy offers something very special for both staff and students. Their core principles are based on:
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday , 8.15am - 4.15pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||21 months|
|Related course||Coaching Professional - Higher Apprenticeship (Level 5)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).