Do you want a dynamic career in the automotive industry? Maple Garage have a fantastic opportunity for a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their busy SsangYong workshop in Hornsea, East Yorkshire.
The SsangYong Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to keep pace with advancing technology and high levels of customer service.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at Emtec College and superb future career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified technicians to conduct investigations, repairs and servicing of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT’s
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
Training will take place via eight separate weeks of block release per year to Emtec College in Ruddington, Nottingham.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 26/08/2019
Possible start date: 02/09/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSE’s at grade A* to C/9 to 4 (or equivalent) in maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable.
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address
Candidates must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours. Candidates must also be willing to travel to Emtec in Ruddington, Nottingham to complete the block release training.
- Nationally recognised qualifications – IMI Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Standard – Level 3)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- SsangYong product specific training
- Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
We are a family owned business serving Holderness and East Yorkshire since 1963. We represent SsangYong, Isuzu, Subaru and MG and are also authorised repairers for Vauxhall, Proton, Daihatsu and Perodua.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
1.5 hour of breaks during the day.
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
|Salary||£146.25 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|